ENEDIS is reviewing its maintenance management with Ubleam technology, which digitizes the circuit breakers of the tulle source station.
ENEDIS, the leading electricity distributor in France
Established in 2008 as ERDF, today the company is known as ENEDIS. It manages the electricity distribution network throughout France and carries out all the technical interventions (connection, troubleshooting, meter reading, etc.). With the management of the public electricity distribution network on 95% of the French territory, ENEDIS is today the first electricity distributor in France.
ENEDIS has four main tasks:
- Generation of electricity from various sources
- Transmission of electricity from generating stations to facilities
- Distribution by moving electricity between the distribution network and homes, businesses or institutions
- Marketing with suppliers who sell electricity to individuals, businesses or institutions
In order to avoid the risks associated with human errors in the monitoring of its maintenance, ENEDIS has initiated a prevention approach using Ubleam technology.
A new maintenance tracking tool was needed to meet 3 objectives:
- An acceleration of processes
- A reduction in human errors
- A reduction of safety risks
On-site technicians can now generate maintenance reports directly on their tablets. Using the Ubleam application, the connected technician scans the bleam present on the object and accesses an augmented reality interface that gives it a multitude of services: consulting technical aids and documentation related to maintenance, access to maintenance history, filling in an intervention report or declaring a breakdown.
HTA circuit breakers equipped with Bleams deployed at ENEDIS Limousin
The deployment of the solution was facilitated by the competence of the ENEDIS teams (team leader and method manager) who quickly took over the UBLEAM solution.
They were able to independently:
- Customize their Bleams and interactive menus that appear on the Bleams (example opposite)
The interactive menu that appears on the bleam
- Import the database hardware oar simple import Excel file and create mobile app users
deploy Bleams (printed by an industrial partner for industrial label quality).
- In less than 2 hours, the technicians were able to paste the Bleams on the equipment and pair them very simply in a scan.
This pilot project was deployed in a few weeks in the field and can be simply replicated on different Enedis sites thanks to the Fusion platform.
Benefits & Results
The customer praised the field returns by a mobile and reactive tool that interests new generations of technicians.
The solution allows to:
- Safeguard and guide the technician as best as possible:
- To the right equipment by scanning several Bleams
- Towards the right gesture by a checklist during TOPs (observation time)
- UBLEAM is currently working with several AMEPS in France to deploy the bleam in order to facilitate the inventory of equipment and the escalation of work in the company’s tools (particularly the GMAO).
- Simplify field reporting in order to save time: 30 minutes per day per technician in the search and entry of information.
UBLEAM is currently working with several AMEPS in France to deploy the bleam in order to facilitate the inventory of equipment and the escalation of work in the company’s tools (particularly the GMAO).